Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Food Glamour Oops {Baked Egg In Avocado}

For the last several months on pinterest, blogs and just about everywhere I have heard about about baking an egg in avocado. Apparently it the best thing next to sliced bread. So of course I had to try that -ish out. So I researched all the recipes. It was simple enough:

Heat over to 400 degrees. Cut avocado in half (remove pit)  and put on baking sheet. Crack egg in hole. Put season. Bake for 30ish minutes.

Okay, that couldn't be too hard right? It was all fine and dandy until it was time to put the egg in the hole (...that's what she said), because within two seconds the first egg slid right out off. I am not one to quit right away so I did it again. And the result:


Yup, let's file this under good in theory, but a straight up Glamour Oops in the food department. I was hesitant anyways. I am not too sure about warm avocado (justification makes failure easier, right?)

This Glamour Oops was brought to you by:
Kate Cee - The woman behind Glamour Oops. Also, can be found at her personal blog, Mrs. Monologues and always chatting a storm on twitter. Follow her @mrsmonologues

Want to submit a story of your own to Glamour Oops? Find out the simple steps to being featured HERE.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Warm avocado is really good. Have you have sliced some up and put it in a Mexican style soup? delicious!

Unknown said...

bahaahaaa!!!! of course this doesn't work. Who does these things and actually gets them to work? It is clearly just not in my blood :) :)

Lin said...

I don't know if it's just me but this doesn't sound good. At. All. I mean, I love avocado but this is just ruining it haha.

Jessica said...

Ughh Pinterest always makes these things look so easy!!

Jessica said...

Ughh Pinterest always makes these things look so easy!!

Jane said...

I didn't even consider that the pit hole wouldn't be big enough for an egg, it's definitely not though!